Metal Roofing Install, Repair & Replacement Services
When You Need A Long-Lasting Roofing Material That Can Withstand All Types Of Weather, Metal Roofing Is One Of The Best Options For Residential & Commercial Buildings Alike.
FREE CONTACTLESS ROOF INSPECTIONS
Get A Free Estimate
Let's Talk About Metal Roofing
Are you in need of a roof replacement? If so, you may be wondering which roofing material is best for your home. One high-quality roofing option to consider is metal roofing. Metal roofing offers several advantages over other roofing materials: superior durability, timeless aesthetic appeal, impressive energy efficiency, and more. No matter what type of roof you currently have, switching to metal roofing panels may be in your favor.
At Maxx Roof LLC Denver, our roofing contractors have spent years becoming experts in every roofing style and material on the market, and we are ready to help you determine the most suitable roofing solution for your property. Call us today to schedule a roofing consultation and inspection to help you decide if metal roofing is right for you.
What Is Metal Roofing?
Metal roofing is a roofing system that utilizes metal tiles or panels instead of traditional asphalt or slate roofing materials. Residential metal roofing typically uses copper, aluminum, zinc, or steel panels because of the availability of these materials on the market and their durable makeup.
Metal roofing has been around for thousands of years, dating back to the 3rd century B.C. However, this roofing material became more popular in the 18th century, when workers began installing sheet iron and copper sheets on houses throughout Europe.
If you are unfamiliar with modern roofing practices, you may think this material is outdated for 21st-century homes. However, contemporary metal roofs are stylish, durable, eco-friendly, and safe, making them an excellent option for homeowners across the U.S.
Metal Roofing Installation
Roofing contractors use a fascinating installation method to secure metal roofing on homes. When you hire our company to install your new metal roof, you can expect us to follow a reliable, efficient installation process that maximizes benefits for you and your family.
First, our contractors will determine whether to install the metal sheets over your existing roofing or tear off your old roof. At Maxx Roof LLC Denver, we typically recommend removing the previous roofing materials to optimize the durability and longevity of your new metal roof.
Next, our contractors will install lock strips on the edges of the roof. These strips allow the standing seam metal roofing panels to snap into place without the need for nails or fasteners.
Once the lock strips are in place, our contractors will lay a weather-resistant shield over your roof decking, which is called roof underlayment. This shield will provide additional protection between your metal roofing and the roof decking, preventing moisture from affecting the roof’s integrity.
Finally, our contractors will secure your standing seam metal panels into the lock strips and fill in any gaps with extra metal flashing. Once we finish your new roofing installation, you will feel confident that your metal roof will withstand the test of time, keep your home safe from fire and other natural disasters, and improve your property’s curb appeal.
Lifespan of Metal Roofing
Metal roofs have some of the longest lifespans among roofing materials. With proper upkeep and installation, metal roofs can last up to 100 years—far outlasting other traditional roofing materials.
A few factors can affect the longevity of a metal roof. First, proper installation is essential to ensure a metal roof’s integrity and durability. Our professional roofing contractors have spent years learning the best ways to install standing seam metal panels to optimize durability, moisture resistance, wind resistance, and energy efficiency.
Additionally, scheduling regular maintenance and inspections can positively impact a metal roof’s lifespan. We recommend scheduling a routine maintenance appointment with our team every one to two years. During your examination, our contractors will identify and repair any minor dents, scratches, or corrosion, minimizing your chance of degradation down the line.
Finally, homes with metal roofs need proper attic ventilation to minimize condensation build-up and keep the metal roof panels cool. Upon your metal roof installation, our contractors will design an attic ventilation solution to maximize your roof’s longevity.
If you’re looking for a long-lasting roofing material, a metal shingle roof may be your best option.
Metal Roofing Costs
The exact cost you will pay for your metal roof depends on several factors, ranging from your roof size to your existing roof material.
To determine a more precise cost estimate, we recommend scheduling a consultation with our expert roofing contractors. We will survey your roof size, shape, and slope, along with the condition of your existing roof, to calculate your overall costs.
Advantages Of Metal Roofing
Metal roofing offers numerous advantages over traditional roofing materials. Some of the most prominent benefits of installing a metal roof include:
- Long-lasting protection: Metal roofing is one of the most durable roofing materials on the market. When you install a metal roof on your home, you can expect it to last up to 100 years, meaning that it could be your last roof replacement in your lifetime.
- Lightweight design: Metal roofing is lightweight by nature, allowing it to create less stress on the housing structure than other roofing materials.
- Fire- and wind-resistant structure: Metal roofing is fire-resistant, so if the house catches on fire, the roof will remain intact. Additionally, this roofing material utilizes interlocking panels that give it superior wind resistance compared to other materials.
- Cool, reflective surface: Many homeowners believe that metal roofing will make their house hotter in the summer, but in reality, metal roofing cools down the overall house temperature. Metal is reflective, allowing it to rebound heat away from the house rather than absorbing it.
- Energy efficiency: Installing metal roofing can reduce your energy costs dramatically. Many homeowners save 40% on their energy bills in the summer and 15% in the winter after installing a metal roof on their homes.
- Recyclable panels: Metal roofing is 100% recyclable. When the time comes for you or the next generation of homeowners to replace your metal roof, you will be able to recycle the panels rather than dumping them in a landfill.
All in all, metal roofing is one of the most advantageous roofing materials on the market today. As a result, more and more homeowners have begun installing this roofing system atop their homes.
Disadvantages Of Metal Roofing
Like any roofing material, metal roofing does bring a few disadvantages to the table. Specifically, metal roofing presents the following drawbacks:
- High upfront costs: Metal roofing is more expensive up front than less durable materials. You can expect a new metal roof to cost between two times as much as a new asphalt shingle roof. However, because metal roofs last up to 100 years and can reduce your energy bills, your initial investment will lead to long-term savings.
- Dentable nature: Strong hail sometimes leaves dents in metal roofs. However, these dents are primarily cosmetic, meaning they would not affect the integrity or functionality of the roof. Take comfort in knowing that most hailstorms do not produce hail large enough to dent the durable metal exterior of these roofs.
- Louder precipitation noise: Rain and other precipitation can sometimes sound noisier on metal roofs. Specifically, metal roofs can produce noises ranging from 52 to 61 decibels versus asphalt roofing shingles that create 46-decibel sounds. However, many homeowners do not notice a significant difference in noise level between these roof types, and insulation can help reduce metal roof sounds further. On the other hand, some people actually enjoy the sound of rain on a tin roof!
Many homeowners feel that the benefits of metal roofing outweigh these disadvantages. However, another roofing material may be more suitable for your home, and talking with our roofing experts can help you determine the best roofing solution for your needs.
How Do Roofing Contractors Repair Metal Roofs?
Finding that your metal roof is leaking or damaged can be frustrating. However, many common metal roof problems are fast and affordable for contractors to repair, allowing your roof to return to its previous durable and attractive condition in no time.
Our contractors utilize the best methods in the industry to repair metal roofs quickly and efficiently. If your roof is cracking or splitting, we may use a metal sealant to repair the broken area. If moisture is seeping through the roof, we may need to replace a few fasteners to ensure that your roof system is secure and leak-proof.
For more significant repairs, our contractors may replace entire roof panels with brand-new pieces of sheet metal.
While roof damage may feel stressful at first, you can feel confident that our metal roofing experts will leave your roof in prime condition.
Popular Metal Roofing Manufacturers
Work With A Top Rated Metal Roofing Company
You don’t need to worry about determining the best metal roofing manufacturer for your needs. Our team has the necessary expertise and experience to walk you through the metal roofing process and help you choose the perfect roofing design, color, and build for your property.
If you are considering replacing your roof with durable metal roofing, we can help. Contact Maxx Roof LLC Denver today at 720-743-4492 to schedule a consultation.
We Service The Entire Denver Metro Area And Beyond
Maxx Roof LLC Denver serves the Denver metro area and the nearby areas. Some of the cities we serve are Denver, Lakewood, Castle Rock, Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Littleton, Englewood, Centennial, Parker, Thornton, Wheat Ridge, Golden, Morrison, Brighton, Commerce City, Watkins, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Edgewater & beyond.
If your home or commercial property is located anywhere throughout the greater Denver metro area or nearby, give us a call for a free inspection & estimate. When you choose to work with Maxx Roof LLC Denver, your are choosing to work with a roofing contractor you can count on, every step of the way.